Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kickin' some Cup Comments

Grrr. What frustrates me to no end is that American TV doesn't replay World Cup games. Because it's being played in Germany, it gets televised according to German time, which over here on the East Coast is in the middle of the day. I really wanted to see the Ghana vs. U.S. game, which is playing as we speak and I'm stuck at work. But noooooo, ESPN doesn't replay any games of the largest sporting event in the world in the evening. Meanwhile, they have reruns of the World's Strongest Man competition which I must have channel surfed across at least a dozen times in the past 6 months.

You'd think that the Spanish channel might replay them, but no. Actually, I have to say that I prefer watching the games on the Spanish channel because I hate the American commentators. They sound so arrogant and bored. Even though I don't speak a word of Spanish, I prefer the Spanish commentators because they're actually really excited and in to the game and it shows.

I just googled the halftime scores: Ghana 2, U.S. 1. Today's game decides who makes it out of Group E to the next round. I'm rooting for Ghana; it's the country's first time in the World Cup. I always like the underdogs, and a victory in the World Cup today would mean so much more to the people of Ghana then the U.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home